Thursday, February 17, 2011

It really didn't make that much sense looking back!

Well well....

Yesterday it poured in the life of a baby entrepreneur. It poured so hard that by the time I was able to look back up there was sun again and it inspired me to write again after one blog post.

The past two months has taught me that I am certainly NOT good at the following:

1. Quickbooks
2. Accounting
3. Taxes

I think these three things are pretty essential to any business and knowledge, or at least organization of the three is like a pumping heart. So, I pretty much had flat lined! Lucky for me, I didn't see the light and got sent back into the cloudy skies of Seattle. I have to say that I was happy it poured on me and caused a near death experience. Had it just been drizzling all day, I would have been in a horrific mood. Instead, I had to look back on everything that happened and laugh at how crazy it really was. .... dare I even let into what the actual events were, or would my credibility as a competent person be completely shot.. *exaggerated wink ;)

Lesson learned -- I need to outsource the things I can't do well rather than spend weeks upon weeks trying and failing miserably, like accounting!

I have been in a bubble of thinking everything I was doing was right, or was at the least enough. It wasn't and now I have found myself in a situation that could have been avoided if I would have just stuck to doing what I do best. Most would cry or give up at this point (I say this with a good 86% certainty). I feel blessed to have a great person by my side that laughed right along with me. Everything will be just fine for the next ten or so years, then after that everything will be fabulous!

Speaking of poopy situations, one of my dogs thought it would be great to poop in my closet today. Jerk.



Ending on a happier note, I had a truffled leek grilled cheese for lunch at Grim's and it was everything fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. hmm...i don't think i can get mad @ poopypants w/ a little face like that...

    ReplyDelete